Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just wondering what a good engine upgrade would be like ive seen suggestions on putting a grand prix gxp 5.3 liter v8 engine in a g6 but would that fit? if anyone has any other suggestions pls list them and give an estimate on the price and pls list the parts i would need to buy with the engine so that my car doesnt blow up lol i would like to have a engine with close to 300 horsepower if you can find something with more thats even better! :D

Thanks in advance,
Kris

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
...and a welder

Off the top on my head, i know the V8 is physically larger, so some clearance of the engine bay may be in order.
The mounts are in different places, so you will need to fab that or swap the subframe, which I recommend because I don't believe the trans is going to take the torque. The subframe is not a direct swap, so you will need to find a way to fab that in. Of course you will have to verify if the axles are compatible, or not as well.
The engine weight a good 40-50# more, so for handling, springs are in order.
The cooling system will be taking a lot of demand, need to swap that.
Oh, and you will need the complete forward harness, as well, you need to drive a completely different injector and distributor array.

The best bet is find a totaled donor car with good drivetrain, and plan a lot of time, then multiply that by 30, as that is about how long this kind of thing takes. This is not straightforward turnkey by any means. this falls under long-term project.

·
Registered
88 Posts
orrrr......sell the g6 and buy 300hp + . like a gtp, 240hp or 260hp and easily can make 300hp +. lots of performance parts available.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
orrrr......sell the g6 and buy 300hp + . like a gtp, 240hp or 260hp and easily can make 300hp +. lots of performance parts available.
none of the g6's will get your 300 HP. if you want 300 HP go buy a new car that actually has support with an aftermarket. there are no performance parts for this car besides a C.A.I, tune, and exhaust. with all of that you'd be lucky to get 275 with the 3.6L g6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts