Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 g6 sedan, replacing rears and fronts, got stuck on the rears to start, not fun.
New Speakers came with the white pair of joined wires, one with stripe, one solid, one side with connectors, other side clipped, but only 2 wires. my existing has 4 wires, i tried different combinations, but obviously I'm missing something, considering i only get either high, mid or low sound, one at a time per combination of connected wires... Do i need an adapter?
Haven't even got to the fronts yet to deal with that whole mess of taking off the door panel lol... Anyone got any ideas?? Any help is appreciated!

Oh and i removed the factory ones by dropping the seats forward, pulling the bolts and liftingthe cover up and pulling speakers out after i got them loose

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have not done this, but have seen a through threads go by over time. Try searching for Monsoon Rear to get a few threads on this. If I recall the monsoon system uses a bi-amped configuration that has separate connections for tweeter and mid->bass audio. Suggestions have included sticking with stock speakers, bypassing the amp and some look to have rewired the replacements so that the separate signals reach the tweeter / woofer.

Hope you find what you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not done this, but have seen a through threads go by over time. Try searching for Monsoon Rear to get a few threads on this. If I recall the monsoon system uses a bi-amped configuration that has separate connections for tweeter and mid->bass audio. Suggestions have included sticking with stock speakers, bypassing the amp and some look to have rewired the replacements so that the separate signals reach the tweeter / woofer.

Nice, I'll check that out, thank you! I'm really trying to not make my purchases of both Sets of speakers not to be a waste lol, I'll keep searching

1 - 3 of 3 Posts