Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 gtp and went to start it this morning and nothing. All the lights and everything else comes on. I noticed the sercurity light blinks very fast when i try to start the car,even tried the remote start, don't work. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
I have a 06 gtp and went to start it this morning and nothing. All the lights and everything else comes on. I noticed the sercurity light blinks very fast when i try to start the car,even tried the remote start, don't work. Any help would be appreciated.
Had a similar issue with my 06 GT... actually it happened a few times, the first time I just took the key out, pressed lock 2 times on the remote keyless and then pressed unlock once and it was ok...

Another time, this didn't work, so I just unhooked the battery and hooked it back up and it solved the issue. Hope that helps.. by the way, the apparent problem is related to the computer relay under the hood apparently? :beer:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No luck,i tried the battery thing, didn't work. Guess i will have it towed to the dealership.Thanks

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
No luck,i tried the battery thing, didn't work. Guess i will have it towed to the dealership.Thanks
Have you tried to jump it off of another battery?
Most batteries are only good for three years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Had The Same Thing As Well! But I Took Apart The Remote And Removed Everything! Then Made Sure That Every Componet Was Touching! That Might Solve Your Issue!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Tried With Anothor Battery That Didn't Work. When I Put The Key To Start It Nothing Happens All Lights Come On And The Radio But Won't Turn Over. I Think I Am Having A Security Problem.

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
I Tried With Anothor Battery That Didn't Work. When I Put The Key To Start It Nothing Happens All Lights Come On And The Radio But Won't Turn Over. I Think I Am Having A Security Problem.
yeah... if my previous quote didn't reset the security, then it could have to do with the starter unfortunately.. but you mentioned the security is flashing when it shouldn't be... that's strange.. keep us posted on what the problem is.. curious to know myself..

Actually... try this... do you know how to actually set off the alarm in the G6?...
You can try setting it off to reset the alarm too, sit inside the vehicle and lock the doors as you would when you leave the vehicle. Wait until the security light flashes at a slow pace, once this happens, lift up the lock manually with your hand and open the door, this sets the alarm off on the car.
Once you do that close the door again and lock it up again as you would when leaving the vehicle, that could also reset the security system on the vehicle. I'm out of ideas from there.. Hope it works.. let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I Found The Problem The Chip Fell Out Of The Key. But Still Won't Start The Car. Do You Think I Need A New Key.

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
Well I Found The Problem The Chip Fell Out Of The Key. But Still Won't Start The Car. Do You Think I Need A New Key.
Chip fell out of the key?? you sure? I'm guessing you would probably need a new key then, yeah. I've never heard of that before..

I wen't out to my car to simulate the problem you have and I was able to make it where the security light is flashing fast and my car wouldn't start.. so I did the unlock the door manually and set off the alarm and then just relocked the doors and the car was able to start.. did you try it?

If the chip fell out of the key then it explains why it won't start, but I've just never heard that before... strange..:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this same problem, mine will come on while I'm driving and it says everything is wrong, out of gas, check power steering, check transmission and it starts missing even the AC starts blowing hot air, please someone help me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts