Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 08 G6 GT Convertible in Late November and it’s been back and forth to the dealership because of the check engine light. The code that keeps coming up is P0174 (System too lean) Bank 2, don’t mind dealership having my car but they don’t seem to car about my needs of transportation, I’m new to the G6 Owners Club so any else would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
And a GM DEALERSHIP??? What have they "thrown" partswise into it?
Basics for this code are intake manifold leak
exhaust leak between upper and lower O2 sensors
Stuck injectors not spraying enough fuel on bank 2 and computer TRYING to give more but not change
A bad O2 sensor can also cause previous mentioned situation.

Not that familiar with engine options avail on the "vert. Our SEDAN has the 3.5 with auto trans. WHAT engine size is in your vehicle.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT coupe 3.5L V6
26 Posts
I bought this 08 G6 GT Convertible in Late November and it’s been back and forth to the dealership because of the check engine light. The code that keeps coming up is P0174 (System too lean) Bank 2, don’t mind dealership having my car but they don’t seem to car about my needs of transportation, I’m new to the G6 Owners Club so any else would be greatly appreciated :)
I had the same issue with my 2007 G6 GT. I replaced everything you could replace to fix the code. Still came on. I replaced the MAF sensor, still came back on. Till one day I decided to check my MAF sensor in the live date feed on my OBD2 scanner, and it turns out auto zone sold me a faulty part. So I now go to Pull a Part (salvage yard) for my OEM GM parts. My check engine light hasnt been back on since and it's been almost a year now since it was last on before I replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor with a used one from another G6 GT from the junkyard.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had same thing happen to same car just not convertible. I changed the sensor behind power steering pump. Took battery cables off to reset. That fixed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts