Pontiac G6 Forum banner

need pano help asap

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jminzler 
#1 ·
ok i dont have a g6 but i do have a pano roof that i am putting in my custom s10. i have the roof already, but i didnt get the switch. i need some info on the wireing if anybody knows and i need to know the best place to find either wrecked ones, or parts for the pano roof. i want to install it soon on my truck and i just need the wireing help.

as soon as i get the truck done ill post you guys up some pics.

#3 ·
This sounds like a really difficult mod. Your best bet here would be to go to a custom fab shop and let them handle the job. A G6 is going to have a VERY different roof structure than any pickup truck. I've been doing crazy mods on cars for a long time, and I can't say that I'd try that myself. In any case, if you only need the switch, you can probably get one from just about any GM vehicle with a retractable sunroof. Even if you have to go to a dealer, shouldn't be too expensive.

#4 ·
yeah there is one truck i have found that has this mod, thats the only reason why i am going through with it. as far as getting one from a dealer that aint too bad a deal, i was just hopeing that maybe someone on here would know of places for either cheap parts, or if any knows where there would be a wrecked one, like i found or something of the sort.

#7 ·
#5 ·
can you go back to where the one you found is and get the switch? That seems like it'd be the simplest route...if that option is still available.

#6 ·
tried that already . they moved the car and i guess they trashed the headliner that had the switch in it. i didnt think that i would have needed the switch. i didnt know it had like 4 different settings lol. right now i am just trying to find a salvage yard that would even have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.