Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
05 G6
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so got my front tires changed cuz i was hearing a loud noise while driving and thought it was jus the tires, thwen after got them changed it still continued its loud and kinda annoying kinda like im on a road with nuthing but lines in the road....could it be my wheel bearing or something?
thanxz for any advice

·
Sparky
26 Posts
A bad wheel bearing will usually make a humming noise. A quick way to check the front bearings is to jack your car up grab your wheel at 12 and 6 oclock and see if there is any play.

·
05 G6
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thts the noise I am hearing its annoying lol I drive over 30mph and hear it gettin louder it is pudding me off lol....and to replace it is it a whole hub assembly or jus a Reg wheel bearing

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Def a hub/bearing assembly. If its ok when your not moving and the sound gets louder and rougher when the car goes faster it def is. When you slow and the noise goes with it as well def is. Just replaced one in my car. They have the abs and everything built into them and are quite a pretty penny. Somewhere like 250 dollars or so for a new one without labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts