Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say I am a new owner and new to this forum and thank everyone in advance. Ok so here's my issue I'm a tall guy so I have the seat back pretty far and my problem is my arm hits the lock unlock post and it's very uncomfortable because even in the lock position it still sticks up. Do they have stubby ones or have you guys done things yourself any advice would be great thank you. It's a 2006 sedan 3.5

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
This angers me as well! I like to rest my elbow right where that little lock is. I've thought about going in and cutting it shorter so it'll sit flushed when it's locked. Only problem I found is in the event I need to manually unlock the door... I won't be able to. Unless I put a lever somewhere so I can still pull it up.

But then I thought about making it a push button riser kind of thing, so you can press it, it'll rise, then you can pull it to unlock... but I don't know how to go about that just yet

·
Registered
44 Posts
This annoys me as well. This is the only GM I have ever owned that doesn't have the sliding lock near the handle. My solve was to lower the seat to the point that resting my arm there is uncomfortable enough that I use the actual armrest instead. I ended up finding the lowered position more comfortable anyway.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Just pull the door panel enough to access it & screw it down lower (it just threads on). You could probably cut it off at the base & get it at low as you want.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh wow, that seems simple enough. Something I'll be trying.
But what if you're in the situation where the battery is dead. you have no power and you're stuck in the car with the doors locked, aside from trying to crawl to another door what else could you do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't these unscrew? Can't you just inscrew it and it should sit lower than the door panel? If not then maybe look to changing the post types out so that you can purchase some after market screw in types and then just keep them off until you need to manually lock the doors. Which is not often so you can store the knobs in the change compartment.

Ebay Link to Knobs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts