Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need the groups opinions on the XM pictures I have attached here. Which do you all like the best. I have about 2 days to decide. Please give me your input. TIA :confused:

Wolf

This is the Roady XT

This is the XM Express

·
G6 Enthusiast
28 Posts
I would go with the top one looks cleaner, check out mounting it in the cubby in front of the shifter. you can fit an L bracket and it won't stick out so much, then you can run the wires internaly and have it come through the cubby and to the xm unit

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you looked at the SkyFi 2? It has awesome features...I had one in my Vibe, but got factory XM in the G6. It's not quite as compact, but I think the extra features are worth taking up the extra space.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The top one looks better. You also need to hard wire it in with the radio power supply, or the fuse box which is in the lower console panel to the right of the radio. It would give it a much cleaner look. By the way, wheres your traction control button?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XM Install...

To Explr1:

I do have the radio hard wired. I have a 2005 G6 SE model and the where the unit is mounted is where the traction control or in my case G6 name badge was. All the wires are tucked neatly in through that slot where the plate was. Trust me it does not stick out at all and I still have my cubby hole for all my crap. :D

To Ragingfish:

I did want the Skyfi2 unit but it is way to large to be mounted cleanly anywhere in the car. The top unit, Roady XT is the smallest of them all. The reason I am trying the new XM Express is because of the display on it. It is almost exactly like the Skyfi2 and pretty much has the same features just not the size.

I love both units tremdously. I activated the Express tonight to give it a through trial but I am still torn. The display on the Express is nice because you can see the channel your listening too as well as All song info. Something the XT does not do. You have to switch the display to see it. Plus the XT did not come with a remote like the Express. The major factor for me to like the XT more is that I can change the color to match the dash lights.

Like I said, I appreciate everybodys input I just cannot decide which I like more especially since they are about the same size. Hopefully a few more responses and I will go with just one. :glasses:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like the top one better - can you not change the button color to match as well? I like EVERYTHING being that bright red color myself. JMHO.

I also like how you did the wires thru the opening in the G6 plate. I did that myself, but my bracket is down lower and covers most of the accy plugs. They can still be used, but it's not easy to get to. With the XM hardwired, and the DVD as well, I rarely need to get to those plugs anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you just get a receiver and antenna and use the factory radio as the controler? What if you didnt get factory xm installed but dont want a seperate control for xm. I just want to control XM thrugh the radio like the factory units. What can i buy to do this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts