Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new on the site. got some ?? i have a 2006 g6 gtp 3.9L convertable. i would like to upgrade the struts and rear shocks also the intake and a chip. looking for some product brands that will do the job but not set me back a ton. ive been looking at kyb's gr-2 and intake off ebay also the chip off this web site thats been shown, and magaflow exhaust. so is there other /better stuff i should look at around the same $$$. some advise would be awsome. not looking to race just get better millage and sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crabs intake, sounds so damn good. Best on the market for the G6. Not too sure about installing in a convertible though. Ask Lampoon, the maker.

also what water said about the chips. Waste of money.

Look around the site, and G6performance forum for reviews and recommendations. You will learn a lot by lurking these two forums.

Welcome to the G6 world lol :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Handling wise my suggestion would be to get a set of lowering springs, Koni Yellows, and adjustable endlinks... KYBs aren't going to be an upgrade on your shocks, and Ill echo what the others said about chips being a waste

·
Registered
85 Posts
Handling wise my suggestion would be to get a set of lowering springs, Koni Yellows, and adjustable endlinks... KYBs aren't going to be an upgrade on your shocks, and Ill echo what the others said about chips being a waste
Are the "Koni Yellows" shocks/struts, where do you get them for the g6 i searched the site and there were none, unless they are just for the convertible?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Are the "Koni Yellows" shocks/struts, where do you get them for the g6 i searched the site and there were none, unless they are just for the convertible?
Konis take some work but are worth it. The rears are for a Saab 9-3. They require no modification and bolt right up like a normal shock. The fronts though are strut inserts for a Cobalt. They require some simple modification of your existing front strut to be inserted, but after that the installs the same as a normal strut. I'm pretty sure theres some pictures in my progression...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts