Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top was slow when I bought it. This summer would stop when part way up. Put back down. Repeat a couple times. Overheat. Wait. Then it would go up completely. Took to dealer for dx. They said one of 3 electrical parts which they don’t make anymore, as it’s not communicating with bcm. Replaced one part I did find new (control switch ) nope. Found the second part used and guaranteed... top module. Tried replacing myself and accidentally broke button on sensor for cargo top (check cargo top message). Tried bypassing but acted like short. Found someone to fix short. He retested system and said it’s communicating fine but top motor too weak and overheats. Said he would replace if I found motor. Had to put top up manually but he failed to replace the side panels before he got top up and they won’t go on with top up. That left my seat belts for front inoperable. Found someone to rebuild motor if I bring it in. Now the shop is ghosting me. Some guy off car list offered but he was more interested in trying to fix more than the car. Can’t find anyone to work on it and don’t need another seat belt ticket! Anyone know of anybody in the indiana area? Will travel to Michigan or Ohio if needed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts