Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is actually for my husband. We have a tree that hangs over into our driveway which he has to park under. I used to but didn't want to ruin my car so I make him park under it and me behind him. Well something has been falling from it and has ruined his Paint. He has what looks like brown specks all in his paint that regular car washing won't get rid of. Is there anything I can use on it to get his paint back to the way it was before? His truck is a goldish color. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
quick detailing spray made by mcguire .... use it when the car is still wet *after its wash* with a sponge... it should come off mine had the same problem its kinda like little rust spots.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Bug & Tar Remover might work as well. Its clear coat safe, but I recommend a coat of wax afterwards as it strips your existing wax coat.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree, I used to park under some tree ( gum ball things ) and it would drip sap all over. I ended up having to wash it, use bug/tar remover to get the sap off then clay bar the car - followed by a new wax. Everything came off and it looked fine after, just took an afternoon to fix : (

hope it all works out smooth, let us know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts