Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 2008 G6, and I found one in the area with only 16K miles. I was looking for a V6, but the one I found is only a 4 cylinder. Basically, I need to know what the differences would be between the two. (Not technical stuff, but how it would drive, gas mileage, etc. I'm a girl with no mechanical background, so I don't understand fancy car terms.) Should I go ahead and get this one, or should I keep searching for a V6?

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Mileage would definitely be better with the 2.4. If you have a lead foot at all (hey it could happen), you'll be much happier with the V6, although the 2.4 isn't completely horrible power- & response-wise. I guess the best thing would be to test drive it and see how you like it personally :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also had a choice between an eco 4 cylinder and a V6. The V6 had a black leather int. though which intrigued me cause it looked so sick, but also once I test drove I completely fell for the power of the V6.

Either way you will have a nice car.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Depends Droptop....My 3.5 gets better gas mileage than the 2.4 liter.

It depends which V6.

I'd recommend you get a V6....You may need some power at some point.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Well, if y'all say so...

•2.4 liter four cylinder engine, producing 169 HP and 162 foot pounds of torque. Gas mileage: 22 city / 30 highway.
•3.5 liter V6, producing 217 HP and 217 foot pounds of torque. Gas mileage: 17 city / 26 highway

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Thats the LZ4.

You know there were two 3.5's.....and that aint mine. lol

I have the LX9.

Last tank I got 30.4 mpgs...On 85% highway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thats the LZ4.

You know there were two 3.5's.....and that aint mine. lol

I have the LX9.

Last tank I got 30.4 mpgs...On 85% highway.
The published mileage values are so skewed anyways. I did a 2 hour round trip last night (all highway), and pulled 30.8.... with the LZ4. Not to mention, if I baby it on my way to and from work during the week (all city) I can get almost 24mpg. Typical 50/50 combined usually falls between the 24-26 mark, and that is with a few pedal down moments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts