Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing help. Ok I am a single mom, not a mechanic by no means. I have a 07 Pontiac g6 gt convertible 3.9. 122000miles. Shortly after buying this car, I had issues with hydrologic fluid leak from the manifold burning the hose.Took it to the shop. They said it was the pressure line.put nee new on. Paid them. Got the car back and same issues after taking it back over 6 times or more I was told they forgot to tighten the bolt and it was disconnected. So I live in the country and no other shop around will touch it after having another shop mess with it. I'm left to do it my self. I had air in the power steering pump because it was foamy and pulley was going out so I changed the pump and pulley. I can not find where the hose is disconnected from the rack. That's where I'm at.

So i read that i need to flush the lines. Both are supposed to be new. How or should I flush it? I'm afraid to disconnect anything from the rack and pinion in fear i wont get it back together. I did buy new o rings and the weird tap in rubber seal. Can anyone walk me through this. I bought a service manual but it has not come yet in the mail.
My everything is riding on getting this car running. Anyone that could spare the time, I greatly appreciate it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished replacing both lines, cooler rack and pump on my G6, flushed and bled steering system for the first time in my many decades of working on cars, I am certified master technician, therfore I only base things on acutal diagnoses and facts, no guess work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Leave pressure line connected to pump, disconnect return line from pump reservoir, plug nipple coming out of reservoir, fill reservoir, leave cap off connect mighty vac pump to return line and use vacuum to suck fluid from pump reservoir through lines until air bubbles stop flowing from return line, may use about 4 quarts or more of fluid. after completing this, unplug nipple at pump and connect return line, fill fluid level, with front wheels off ground turn steering 180 degrees (half a turn) in both directions 10 times. center steering check and fill fluid level, start vehicle see if problem\e is gone. Worked for me, came right out of factory repair procedures manual.
Let me know how it works and if I can be any more help.
Roger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leave pressure line connected to pump, disconnect return line from pump reservoir, plug nipple coming out of reservoir, fill reservoir, leave cap off connect mighty vac pump to return line and use vacuum to suck fluid from pump reservoir through lines until air bubbles stop flowing from return line, may use about 4 quarts or more of fluid. after completing this, unplug nipple at pump and connect return line, fill fluid level, with front wheels off ground turn steering 180 degrees (half a turn) in both directions 10 times. center steering check and fill fluid level, start vehicle see if problem\e is gone. Worked for me, came right out of factory repair procedures manual.
Let me know how it works and if I can be any more help.
Roger
I think so. Thank you very much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you rectified your problems with power steering yet?
Roger
I think so.thank youvery much. Although you mentioned you got your info from a repair manual. Mine never came. May I ask where u got yours from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think so.thank youvery much. Although you mentioned you got your info from a repair manual. Mine never came. May I ask where u got yours from?
I subscribe to Mitchell1 DIY online You can subscribe each vehicle you own for 1 through 4 years, it has all the info for your car the repair shops have. It is a little tricky to navigate through to find what you are looking for. It is set up in professional shop format. If you don't want to subscribe to it or have trouble with it feel free to email me and I'll look up what you need and forward it to you. [email protected] Do me a favor and do not pass my email out to anyone else.
Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts