Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm swapping out my dome/map lights with leds and I can't figure out how to get to them. Can anyone enlighten me on how to so this.

Also I have a sunroof so on my maplight I have my sunroof button if that makes a difference.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
392 Posts
For the dome light then entire clear plastic covering pops off. Just stick a small flat head up in there and pry it out. For the map lights the entire surround plastic piece pops out, where the lights and button are.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I didn't feel like breaking anything today. I figured that's all it was but didn't want to chance it

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've had both out multiple times, have yet to break anything. Though my screw driver slipped once on the map lights plastic piece and made a scratch >_<.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now do the actual lights twist out or do I just pull them out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
just pull out...when i put led's in the maps and pushed them up in the socket, the socket released into the headliner and i had trouble getting it back in its correct position in the plastic housing- had to use some needlenose pliers

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Moved to Appearance section. This section is for How-To guides only.

Also, in my sedan G6 the whole plastic piece that houses the bulb (or OnStar for some people) comes out so you don't run into the problem that reverttheclown had.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I wasn't sure where to put it. Thank you for moving it :) and thanks for the input.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uploadfromtaptalk1310763108434.jpg

One in, one more map, the dome, and license plate to go....

Thank guys.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Where did you get that light bulb from? Direct link would be nice.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
911 Posts
same color leds i also put in...i swapped out both maps the dome the license plate and the trunk too. didn't know about the entire plastic housing coming out- do all do that? would've made my life a hell of a lot easier haha

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not sure if they all do. im going to put the rest in here in a few minutes... post pics after

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks great. I've forgotten how ugly the stock halogen color of the interior lights is lol.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New question. How do you change the vanity light bulbs. And anyone know what part number it is off hand

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is just a few photos I took while installing them. uploadfromtaptalk1310927339000.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1310927373517.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1310927396436.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts