Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone PLEASE help me with this issue? I got a P0705 code reading when I plugged the computer into my '09 g6 convertible (which doesn't work). After reading about the issue and comparing the symptoms of a bad switch, other than the error code, the reverse lights don't work and the CEL is on. I can start the car in neutral and have no problems shifting or starting the car. I had a new switch installed but nothing changed. Tried the code reader again and the same P0705 code came up. The man at Auto Zone suggested an electrical issue perhaps stemming from the wiring harness to the switch. Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone PLEASE help me with this issue? I got a P0705 code reading when I plugged the computer into my '09 g6 convertible (which doesn't work). After reading about the issue and comparing the symptoms of a bad switch, other than the error code, the reverse lights don't work and the CEL is on. I can start the car in neutral and have no problems shifting or starting the car. I had a new switch installed but nothing changed. Tried the code reader again and the same P0705 code came up. The man at Auto Zone suggested an electrical issue perhaps stemming from the wiring harness to the switch. Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions?
I was just told the reverse lights DO work. If I have none of the related symptoms associated with a bad switch what would cause the CEL to stay on and the error code to appear?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just told the reverse lights DO work. If I have none of the related symptoms associated with a bad switch what would cause the CEL to stay on and the error code to appear?
I'd have to agree with the Tech, possible problem with the wiring to the switch, and thus not getting all of the correct data to the ECM? Can you check the wiring through the harness - I'm not sure how difficult that would be? There's probably a YouTube :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts