Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm 44 yrs old and originally from NY(buses, trains and taxis) and now live in Houston, Texas for last 9 yrs. I'm 44 yrs old and have never possessed a driver's license. My wife and sons(23&25) have licenses but I've never had the desire to have a license....UNTIL NOW. Wife and I own a 2007 Pontiac G6 and oldest son who lives with us owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. In NY I had friends and girlfriends who were my "chauffeur" and in Houston my wife is the "driver" and i car pool with my son.

Recently I've been getting the itch to get my license and drive. My wife wants a truck and i'm happy to drive the G6. Am I strange? Will it be strange/funny to stand in line with teenagers to get my license? lol ! I cannot think of any car that I would prefer to call my "first car" than the G6. I feel at ease when i'm in the G6 over any other car. So my Pontiac friends, wish me luck and i'll keep you updayed in my pursuit of my license at age 44. When you see someone with a BIG smile driving down I45 in houston, Texas in a 07 Pontiac G6...it'll be me.:):)

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
:band:ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!
At the DMV there will be plenty folks of all ages renewing and getting new like yourself. Are you strange for wanting to keep the G6?? No, not at all in my book; Then again, my wife says my book has some torn pages.:D

BTW, when is your birthday? I just hit 44 in June. I find at 44 I forget more than usual, ahh?? what was I talking about?? Where's my Pinto?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:band:ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!
At the DMV there will be plenty folks of all ages renewing and getting new like yourself. Are you strange for wanting to keep the G6?? No, not at all in my book; Then again, my wife says my book has some torn pages.:D

BTW, when is your birthday? I just hit 44 in June. I find at 44 I forget more than usual, ahh?? what was I talking about?? Where's my Pinto?
I'll be 45 in december. My wife just turned 44 in april. I'm excited about getting my license, feel like a 16 yr old. I just wonder why I'm so excited now and not 1o, 15, 20 yrs ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question. Where can I get info on installing a car system that I can play my Itouch/ipod?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I'm listening to "Zebra" right now, if your from NY you may have heard of them being 44. The Ipod thing, you're better off getting a late model monsoon system. They come AUX ready.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm listening to "Zebra" right now, if your from NY you may have heard of them being 44. The Ipod thing, you're better off getting a late model monsoon system. They come AUX ready.
Zebra??? I remember being part of my Long Island college radio station and we hired a group to perform on campus back in 1983-85. Wonder if they are the same.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
How about Lamb Of God & Five Finger Death Punch
Five Finger Death Punch is ok by me but after listening to Lamb Of God I felt like head butting my wife then doing a stage dive from the diningroom table.:D
Back then I was into Judas Priest and Motley Crue, in that rock range. Some Deo and Iron Maiden too. Yup, I was a stoner! Then I had to grow up, damit!:mad:

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Welcome, you cant go wrong with the g6. I wish my g6 was my first car.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Another Rob from Texas??

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

Sorry.....saw Highlander the other day. :D

Welcome!! Im West of ya in San Antonio. :beer:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another Rob from Texas??

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

Sorry.....saw Highlander the other day. :D

Welcome!! Im West of ya in San Antonio. :beer:
I saw your pictures and WOW, now i REALLY want to get my license quick and feel 16 again...lol. My son was in SA with girlfriend and loved it soooo much he plans to move there in2-3 yrs. I'll be going on a cruise in September with a bunch of people from SA.

·
5,352 Posts
I did a Cruise last year there out of Galveston. Two weeks before Ike hit and
flooded the place. The garage we parked at for our cruise, 2 weeks later was under 8 foot of water.

Everyone who drove to the cruise terminals for that week lost their cars.
man its hard to believe....

You going Carnival 5 day??

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
I saw your pictures and WOW, now i REALLY want to get my license quick and feel 16 again...lol.
Did you see his Barricade work-in-progress? If not, ask him nice, and prepare to be amazed & amused :eek::cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a Cruise last year there out of Galveston. Two weeks before Ike hit and
flooded the place. The garage we parked at for our cruise, 2 weeks later was under 8 foot of water.

Everyone who drove to the cruise terminals for that week lost their cars.
man its hard to believe....

You going Carnival 5 day??
We did the 7 day cruise from galveston on 9/21 last year and the cruise before us lost their cars, sad. We left from Bayport. This year we leave on 9/20. My mother passed away on 9/22/06 and as a memorial for her wife and I cruise every year around that date. Our first cruise was 9/07 and we got hooked. Last year my son and his girlfriend went with us and now they are hooked. They cruise 2 weeks after we cruise this year. when you think about plane, hotel, food, etc...it's way less expensive to cruise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, question. My son was driving the G6 because my wife is driving his charger out of town. He dropped me off at work and went to his job. During lunch the car would not start/turn on. His girlfriend came after work and charged the battery. Reminder this is a 07 G6 that use to be a rental and we purchased the car with less than 100 miles. We have not had ANY problems with the car and yesterday was the first time car did not start. How would I know if it's battery or alternator before taking it in to dealer. If i take it to Autozone or Walmart to get test battery(free)....can they tell me if it's another problem? What are the signs of an alternator problem? Should the battery be drained this quick? 2-3 yrs?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
ok, question. My son was driving the G6 because my wife is driving his charger out of town. He dropped me off at work and went to his job. During lunch the car would not start/turn on. His girlfriend came after work and charged the battery. Reminder this is a 07 G6 that use to be a rental and we purchased the car with less than 100 miles. We have not had ANY problems with the car and yesterday was the first time car did not start. How would I know if it's battery or alternator before taking it in to dealer? If I take it to AutoZone or Wal-Mart to get test battery (free)....can they tell me if it's another problem? What are the signs of an alternator problem? Should the battery be drained this quick? 2-3 yrs?
Yuck, the subjects of batteries and oil are tuff because there are some many opinions and different experiences. IMO, the battery would be first on my list of things to change. Some batteries last longer than others and you never know if you have a really good one or a really bad one. Considering you haven’t had trouble (knock, knock) till now would lead me to think you have a shitty battery. Then there is always the possibility that a light or something was left on. I would let it happen twice before I changed the battery out though. Hope this helps,

BTW; did you check the muffler bearing.:D

·
5,352 Posts
Agreed...try charging it. if it happens again replace it. If it happens again then you know there is more to it but batteries degenerate over time. Some faster than others.
Im on my second battery but Ive had my G6 since 2005 and its a daily driver so odss wise Im doing pretty good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts