Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first time EVER in any kind of Forum. I had a question on my Monsoon sound system and was hoping that someone could tell me a little about it.

First, my sticker says I have 8 speakers? I only see 6 (2 tweeters, 2 in my doors, and 2 in the back) that's only 6 unless they count the 2 in the back as 2-way equalling 8? Also where is the subwoofer and amp? Please help!

I will post some pictures soon...

Johnny

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello all, this is my first time EVER in any kind of Forum. I had a question on my Monsoon sound system and was hoping that someone could tell me a little about it.

First, my sticker says I have 8 speakers? I only see 6 (2 tweeters, 2 in my doors, and 2 in the back) that's only 6 unless they count the 2 in the back as 2-way equalling 8? Also where is the subwoofer and amp? Please help!

I will post some pictures soon...

Johnny
yea i had the same question with my 07 gt...turns out that the rear two shelf speakers are two ways and the amp is located on the passenger side in the trunk you have to unscrew the cargo net clips and pull back the lining of the trunk and the amp should be mounted right there on the trunk wall

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info man...what about the subwoofer? any info on that? my stereo definitely hits, i do enjoy it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
thanks for the info man...what about the subwoofer? any info on that? my stereo definitely hits, i do enjoy it.
Yea I definately am pretty amazed by the thump that comes from the stock monsoon system so I have spent countless hourslooking for the sub in the car and have consulted some other members on this forum and settled on the fact that since the rear two shelf speakers are two way It counts as two speakers so not only do they act as speakers but the speakers also act as subwoofers technically giving you two subwoofers which accounts for the thump. Yea cause my mirrors shake and move and the windows shake. If you wanna test your system throw in some T.I. and feel the car shake ( try listening to " my life your entertainment" off of the new paper trail album)

·
^I R CUSTOM^
77 Posts
Yes, the stock 6X9's in the rear shelf are the "subs" and they do hit pretty hard, even in teh G6's without the monsoon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot guys, the beats feel good on the seats too haha

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think thats BS that they call those back two speakers four speakers...but its true.
All manufacturers count their speakers this way even though it's kind of BS. They count the number of individual speaker drivers, not the number of speaker locations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts