Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just got into a new, to me, 08 G6 with 30k miles. I owned 3 camaros before this so getting used to fwd vs. rwd is still different among other things, but I figured it was time to go the practical route and get something a little more comfortable for a daily driver.

I believe the color is carbon black metallic, but correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure if it's just a base v6 since there's no GT badging but when I was researching the G6's I only saw a base 4 cylinder and the v6 GT, it just says "Pontiac G6 V6" on the back. Not going to do a whole lot but down the road I plan on getting some tint, debadging and possibly a lower depending on if I find pics of others with a lower on stock wheels.
This is the only picture I have, sorry for the cell phone quality.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome. I have an 08 v6 g6 too. And it'll look good lowered.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I made it a few days without touching the car but I had some time and debadged it all minus the Pontiac logos. Going to look around and try to find a black or carbon colored pontiac badge that will fit on the front bumper. Any suggestions on a reputable place to buy from, preferably an actual badge and not an overlay, unless you can't tell a whole lot of difference. I'm just going for cheaper little things that make it different at the moment.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Only two places make a replacement badge that I know of....

If you have a 3.5 then you have the base V6 model...?

Im not sure what they call the model with the 2.4 base. Maybe just Base.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Haven't had time to look into who makes the badges and didn't find anything 100% on google yet, so care to share where I could look or should I just go with an overlay for the front/back?
And yeah it's just a base v6, but not really sure on the difference between it and a GT, but I think they call both the 2.4 and 3.5 base, just different engines.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Just got all three rear brake lights tinted but nothing too dark, just to flow a little better and window tint will be going on wednesday. Then after that it'll be getting lowered, not sure when yet.

·
08 G6 GT
95 Posts
Welcome, sweet 6!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here it is debadged, slight tint on tail lights and 20% tint all around. Not the greatest lighting for a pic but oh well.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Might be a stupid question but why do they send you 5 decals? (Thanks for the link anyways)
In case you mess up

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts