Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had a blown 6x9 for the past 4-5 months. I never really had the money to replace them, so I just drove around with them until now.

Yesterday, I replaced my 6x9s in my 06 G6 GT with these:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Yp8PddFQwMY/p_130TSA6973/Pioneer-TS-A6973R.html?tp=91

The install went great, got the speakers out with no problem. The speakers fit exactly into the old screw holes.

But today, they seem almost.... muffled? Its hard to describe, but they seem just off. I made sure all the wires are hooked up, I set the Balance and Fade to each speaker to make sure all of them work. Im not quite sure what may be wrong.

This is how we wired them up:

Driver Side:
Positive: Brown Wire
Negative: Yellow Wire

Passenger Side:
Positive: Blue Wire
Negative: Light Green Wire.

Are these right?

This leaves blue/white and green/black on each side not connected to anything.

Please help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem, but in a Sedan without the monsoon system... I had switch the polarity of the wires... I flipped the wires and it sounds amazing now

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
the polarity shouldnt make a difference. the only thing that is going to do is make the speaker move the other direction, but it will sound the same.

As to why they're muffled, i have no idea. maybe there isnt enough room between the speaker and the rear deck and they are hitting it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the polarity shouldnt make a difference. the only thing that is going to do is make the speaker move the other direction, but it will sound the same.

As to why they're muffled, i have no idea. maybe there isnt enough room between the speaker and the rear deck and they are hitting it?
Im not sure, I mean they fit perfectly in there compared to the old ones. They are even shorter (per say, how far down into the trunk they extend.)

Is there any reason why I have a light green wire instead of a light blue wire?

·
Registered
34 Posts

The voice coil on a speaker is intended to move in a specific direction so Yes it will make a difference. I had wired my driver side 6x9 correctly but had switch the polarity on the Passanger side speaker.. You could definatly tell the difference between the two.. I switch the polarity and now they sound identical and perfect.

This problem will be amplified by speakers with tweeters or mids....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts