Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the front brake pads and rotors on my 06 G6 base 2.4 litre. When I go to mount the caliper mounting bracket with the new rotor I can't get the bracket holes to line up with the bolts on the frame. Everything else is fine. the new brake pads fit on fine, the caliper fits right over the rotor. I confirmed I have the correct rotors. Any suggestions? Is it normal for new rotors to create such a tough fit for the mounting bracket?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Make sure the piston is all the way back in. Be sure both hardware clips on top and below the pads are laying flat. One of mine cocked up and made it nearly impossible to bolt up the caliper. After fighting with it I tightened it down and went to spin the hub and heard a loud screech as I realized that clip was out of place. Once I fixed it everything was easy as cake to put back together. Also just make sure the pads are in nice and flat too. The inside one could be cocked out a bit.

Just some thoughts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. But my problem is not with the caliper or brake pads fitting on the mounting bracket or over the rotors. My problem is that I can't seem to line the mounting bracket to bolt it to the frame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've read that NON ABS cars have smaller rotors (10.XX in) than the cars with ABS (11.XX in). Does your car have abs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's gotta be it. Mine are not abs. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future. All fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts