Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have not posted before. We own a 2008 G6, bought it new for my daughter. She used it and now she has given it back to us, she moved to Brooklyn, they don’t need cars, (subways everywhere).

It got 42k on it. It the 4cyl base model sedan. We are considering doing some maintenance to it and keeping it. I like the ride better than my wife’s 2012 Elantra.

So question is what should be done. I’m considering changing all the fluids (trans, brake, coolant and diff, is this necessary?)

What about suspension, is it worth an investment in springs stock/struts and bushings?

Also the brakes (rotors and pads were replaced by dealer about two years ago), is it worth to upgrade to a better brake package? Again, it’s for the family car, not performance (I got the 2006 GTO for that).

Would love to hear from this group on what you think.

I also have some body work to do, need to replace the driver side front and back doors (a house jumped in front of the car when my daughter was backing out of her driveway one winter).

I like to car and would like to keep. What do you guys think/ I know its a lot to ask on a first post, but these are the things that I’m thinking about now related to the car.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting all here.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the club! Look around in other member's progressions for some ideas!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome!
That's some good mileage. It probably doesn't even need any work.
However an oil change, coolant flush, trans service will not hurt anything and can only prolong the life of your vehicle.
Suspension is never a bad idea.
Shocks and struts can make a big difference and handling and ride quality. A little research can pay off here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the welcomes also thanks for not flaming me about the search, I know that I'll get lots of great info here, but I wanted to share my current status and what Im thinking of doing. As I move forward, I'll be posting and searching in the correct sections.

Again, thanks for the warm welcomes

Also, Ive owned 6 pontiacs at one time or another, starting with a 67 Bonniville that I bought for $150 bucks way back in the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts