Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm posting this in introductions and here because I have a couple questions. OK, here goes, I've read alot of posts on here and am finally going to introduce myself. I recently, like 3 weeks ago, traded in my 2000 grand prix gt for a 2007 G6 GT CONVERTIBLE!!! YEAH!!!! So excited for summer now! Anyway I bought it up in Milwaukee and was told it was still under manufactures warranty for a couple more months and it only has 24,000 miles on it, I brought it home and as the weather got very cold, the hard top convertible was rattling BAD, as well as a couple of other tiny little squeaks and stuff!!! I took it in to my local dealership and they got GM to cover most of the cost. (Shout out to Raymond Chevyrolet in Antioch IL) So I am loving my new car again!!! It ended up being a couple little rubber gromets and sleeves on the hard top needed (Silent Service bulletin on that) a new steering shaft (silent service bulletin on that too) the trunk latch needed some adjustment as it was really hard to shut , you had to really slam it, and the heat shield and ebrake cables were rubbing making some squeaking noises.

Couple questions for you people out there though: Do your cars show you which gear your in??? On mine all the gears are lit up and it does not show any difference for the one you are on. I mean obviosly I can tell by looking down, but there is nothing on the dash???

And those with the convertible top? It's very heavy???

Thanks for reading and maybe if the weather picks up around here I'll post some pics. I'm loving my car so far!!! Please respond. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Well she did say she posted here and there so it shouldn't really count :p

And definitely pics or ban! What color did you get?

As far as your tech issues/questions - yes one of the joys of convertible ownership they don't tell you about beforehand is the variety of squeaks & rattles that crop up at intermittent times. Plus I've already had 3 different hardtop mechanism issues in the year+ I've owned it. Ah well, the top down fun somewhat makes up for it :glasses3:

As for the gear indicator, I guess that was one of the GM cheap-outs on the G6. I personally don't mind as I'm always in TAPshift

And if you're referring to the overall weight of the convertible, yes we're very heavy :)) - about 300 lbs more than other models - due to the additional structural reinforcement needed.

·
1,035 Posts
The one under my first post did - nice! Is that the bluey-silver color (forgot what it's called)?

The second one is still a Red X and the link in the third one goes to a page no longer available.

Oh yeah and your gallery works but it looks like both are the same pic :shrug:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum. Ya, I think the color is called liquid silver or something like that. Just got done cleaning the inside of it today. But the tan cloth seats do SUCK!!! Man every little thing that touches them stains. I need some good seat covers. Anyway, thanks for the answers on here so far.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Sorry, I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum. Ya, I think the color is called liquid silver or something like that. Just got done cleaning the inside of it today. But the tan cloth seats do SUCK!!! Man every little thing that touches them stains. I need some good seat covers. Anyway, thanks for the answers on here so far.
Tell me about it! Man, you would think "RED WINE" would just roll off to the floor!:p

·
1,035 Posts
Interesting that you got the tan seats with the silver - not that Pontiac doesn't switch things up all the time, but I specifically remember when I was ordering my 2004 Grand Prix that the Silver only came with the dark grey (official color - Pewter) seats. I could understand that, but the color I wanted and ended up getting, Fusion Orange, only got the Pewter seats as well. Made no sense to me as Orange & Tan would have made an awesome combo IMO.

Either way, looks good :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting that you got the tan seats with the silver - not that Pontiac doesn't switch things up all the time, but I specifically remember when I was ordering my 2004 Grand Prix that the Silver only came with the dark grey (official color - Pewter) seats. I could understand that, but the color I wanted and ended up getting, Fusion Orange, only got the Pewter seats as well. Made no sense to me as Orange & Tan would have made an awesome combo IMO.

Either way, looks good :)
Yep, my Grand Prix had the Pewter seats too, and I probably spilled my coffee or whatever else I was drinking at the time...10 times on those seats and they always looked good, one drop of water on these seats and we have a stain...

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
the color is blue-gold-crystal-metalic and is very expensive too fix ladie in a parking lot opened her door lightly into my coupe and did about $1000.00 damage because of the paint color

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the color is blue-gold-crystal-metalic and is very expensive too fix ladie in a parking lot opened her door lightly into my coupe and did about $1000.00 damage because of the paint color
Oh no. That sux. I friggen love the color though. When I tell people it has a tint of gold in it they do not understand, but I LOVE IT!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.