Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Toby. My wife & I just got our grand daughter a 2006 G6 GT convertible. She does not have her license yet but is old enough so we are hoping this will speed it up for her. She lives with us, great kid, deserves a little good things to come to her. I am a ASE master Mechanic & hope I can contribute to the forums on here. Have not had to work on any G6's, but a lot of GM's so this is a learning experience for me also. The G6 has a few problems, top goes down but does not want to go up, SRS light is on & the steering wheel is cocked & it pulls. All fixable & we will be picking up the car Tuesday evening. I will post picks soon. The car is clean aside from the problems. So I will be looking into those problems soon. Thanks

Toby

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome!
A convertible for her first car! If that doesn't make her want her license I don't know what will!

I've read about a lot of common issues with the convertibles, though it seems most questions are posted to G6Performance, another G6 owner's community.
Anyways it seems some parts are difficult to come by for the convertible tops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we can't get the top to work, it's no big deal. She is not a sun person. But I also have a good machinist as a friend. Picking it up tomorrow evening. Just glad it is a hard top convertible. Will look into G
performance. Thanks
Toby

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked it up today, pouring down rain & the wipers don't work. Left headlamp out & I get it home & start looking at the top, there are a lot of pieces missing. Both cables are broken. I could pull 1 bolt & take of the deck lid, literately. But it ran good, aside from a pull to the left & steering wheel off center. Does the trunk only open from the front on these? Wish me luck on finding the missing pieces. It may never work the way it is intended on.

Toby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts