Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a G6 today... Some of you have already read about it in the new members intro and FAQ section up top... Nothing special. Your basic G6 with a 2.4L... I won't be racing it, but I'd like to improve it a bit. Looking for everyones help as I go... I appreciate everyone's help so far and look forward to all the future advice and discussions.

First question... What would the first things you would do to a new 2010 G6 w/1SD 2.4L if you had $500 to spend?

Thanks...

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Just bought a G6 today... Some of you have already read about it in the new members intro and FAQ section up top... Nothing special. Your basic G6 with a 2.4L... I won't be racing it, but I'd like to improve it a bit. Looking for everyones help as I go... I appreciate everyone's help so far and look forward to all the future advice and discussions.

First question... What would the first things you would do to a new 2010 G6 w/1SD 2.4L if you had $500 to spend?

Thanks...
Congrats on the new(ish) car.

In order of priority:

1. Get a month or so ahead on the car payment... (I'm 5 months at the moment)

2. Tint

3. Debadge. For freeeeee!

4. Accessorize (floor mats, etc. if you didn't get them or don't like them; other trim updates such as splash guards).

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, thats the idea... jump ahead of the payments... and start the small things. BTW - I noticed under your name... "Professional Geek" - What do you do?

Can you point me to a few good sites to begin searching for parts? Mats, Splash Guards and such...

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
BTW - I noticed under your name... "Professional Geek" - What do you do?
I was wondering when someone would finally ask. I've been paid to work on or with computers and other electronic hardware for almost 3 decades. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur. Currently I am an engineer at a company that makes In-Flight Entertainment systems for airplanes, and every day I have to work with hardware, software, and general airplane operation. Publicly I don't like to say more than that but if you really want to know more you can PM me.

I've also torn down and rebuilt a few engines in my time, and know more than a bit about automobiles.

Can you point me to a few good sites to begin searching for parts? Mats, Splash Guards and such...
A lot of people swear by gmpartsdirect.com. I've found better prices elsewhere but they are a reliable seller. You can also do a Google or eBay search for the parts you want. You should also check out the vendors that are supporting this site!

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats on the new "6", your gonna love it!!

Theres also a good sight if you wanna get certain decals, cover the red in the pontiac logo, stuff for your 3rd brake light thats all pretty cheap, 20 bucks or less for the smaller stuff, check out... www.gwdecals.com, there stuff comes from Canada so it takes a bit for shipping, but the product is perfect. Check them out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering when someone would finally ask. I've been paid to work on or with computers and other electronic hardware for almost 3 decades. Yeah, I'm a dinosaur. Currently I am an engineer at a company that makes In-Flight Entertainment systems for airplanes, and every day I have to work with hardware, software, and general airplane operation. Publicly I don't like to say more than that but if you really want to know more you can PM me.
I've been in the PC repair field myself for about 10 years... Thats why I asked...

and SRH44... Thanks for the link... Im liking what I see... Keep em coming...

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
I would do the tint first without a doubt. Seeing my car now with tint.....it's just awesome to look at compared to clear windows....

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Tint is definitely on the top of the list. Just looking for the right price and guarantee.
I paid $380 to have my sedan done, 35% back 50% front (because I already have 70% tint in the factory windows) using Llumar-brand ceramic film. It's the top of the line at the place I went, and there is a lifetime nationwide guarantee for bubbles, cracks, etc. good at just about any shop that sells Llumar. Definitely worth the extra $$$ I paid.

BTW, I used to work on minicomputers, things the size of refrigerators. I don't like working on PCs because basically people are stoopid, 'nuff said.

~ MattInSoCal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts