Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 2006 G6 for just over a week (bought used obviously).

I come from a 1999 Sunfire and have been an active member of the JCO since about 2002 so I'm familiar with online communities :)

anyhoo... couple questions about my G6....

1) one of my HVAC lights (behind the fan speed) is burnt out. Are these pop out style bulbs or soldered in? I looked at the how-to on removing the radio/hvac pieces and it looks pretty straight forward.

2) i noticed my auto headlights will come on... but the actual gauge cluster lights don't light up until it gets a little bit darker. Is that normal or is it a feature I can change somewhere (IE through the DIC)?

I'm looking forward to learning lots through this club (I'm obviously remaining a active member within the JCO as well)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll get pics up soon.

the DRL's come on like normal... but i mean the actual full headlights will come on at dusk like normal.... (including the fogs)... but the cluster lights don't come on till it gets a little darker outside....

it's weird... i don't mind this "feature" at all haha

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the site. There is a dimmer switch for the dash lights to the left of the steering column, but I'm pretty sure it wont change when they come on.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
If you throw something over the little "eye" on the dashboard the dashboard lights will come on any time you want.

I also found this to be weird when I first got the car, but now I'm used to it.

As for the light bulb behind the switch, I don't know, but I do know that they are not LED bulbs, at least they're not in my car. I only know that because they got hot and burned all the color (red) off the switches so that they are pinkish white rather than red like they're supposed to be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah my directional control light has faded to white as well.....

i talked to a buddy at the dealership and he said i need to replce the entire HVAC unless i feel like trying my luck at soldering new bulbs lol! i'll just live with it for now until i can find a replacement lol

they seem to be hard to come by with the woodgrain trim... everything has the black faceplate... are these interchangeable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts