Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fly like a g6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello good ppl,
My name is Zack and im new to this forum bcuz i am now the owner of a 2008 G6 GT convertible and i need some info about it... i rushed into purchasing the car which seemed like a good deal... i paid $15K for my new G6 and it has 50k miles on it, mostly highway with one owner and no bad carfax info. i am still under my GM 100,000mile drivetrain warranty as well...

My issue is that when i accelerate i hear i whining or whistling noise and im not sure what it is... my assumption is one of the belts bcuz it sounds like a squeek. this doesnt cause any problem to my acceleration nor does it affect the car, yet it is annoying and obviously an issue... any ideas???

My car also is very nice inside and out and it also came wit the sport pkg too, yet i dont kno much about it yet... if anyone could direct me to a specs page or just basic info on gas to use and milage ratio and things of that nature i would be very appreciative... thanks!!!

·
fly like a g6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks alot... i did some searching around and found that the flex pipe is the issue... i hope that it is covered under the warranty and if its not i hope it isnt too expensive to replace... i still love the car and wouldnt take it back for anything... i only wish i knew how to work on cars, bcuz now i want to start to get her modded up...lol

·
Street Edition
46 Posts
Welcome Zack! You're at the right site for modding. Lots of info here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the G6 world Cloudhopper. I find this site very helpful also. I'm a single girl who knows just a little on cars and this is a great place to start when something comes up. Goodluck with your new G6!

·
Registered
38 Posts
welcome : )

if your car came with a manual it has tons of info
like what gas our cars like & driving tips and such.
i suggest sitting down for a night and reading it.
kinda interesting actually.

its a good way to get to know your car.
so when it starts beeping low traction or something
you will know its just turning the traction control on.

good luck !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts