Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pontiac G6 noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'll be the proud owner of a black 2008 Pontiac G6 this coming Thursday. I've been an import guy thus far, so I'm looking forward to a V6, however, my racing days are over. I used to mess around in a 2001 Acura Integra GSR, but after I got my license taken away.....I've decided to slow down. So, I'm mainly looking for good looks and good sound, and maybe a chip, but not too much else on it. Anyways, glad I found the site, I've been reading it for a few days, seems to be some pretty cool and knowledgeable people on here. Hopefully it makes for good convo.

·
Registered
911 Posts
welcome...sedan, coupe, vert? not much for chips for the g6. basic three performance mods are going to be your intake, exhaust and tune. black 6...i'd recommend black Eagle Eye projector headlights first thing.

·
Pontiac G6 noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. It's a sedan. Yeah, the exhaust is a concern for me, I can't seem to find one I really like. I've gotten close though, so I'm sure what I want is out there. As for the headlights, I found these, are those what you're talking about? I like em, but was wanting to spend less on em, however, gotta spend money to look good. I'm disappointed I haven't been able to find some like that for the tail lights (not the halo, just the black underneath).

·
Pontiac G6 noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've seen people talking about that, but I'm just concerned with TX traffic laws especially since my record can't afford more tickets.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome, be sure to post pics when u get it!!!

·
Pontiac G6 noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@jts08g6 Thanks man, I will for sure.

@Lampoon Haha, that'd be awesome, except they're shipping it to me...for free :)

@reverttheclown Ahhhh...thanks man. Yeah, I saw some people saying they spyder ones were bad, wasn't sure which those were. I wonder if I can find those for cheaper. Are they worth it? Like, are the Halos actually bright?

@penelopeTHEg6 Thanks, I for sure will. I still haven't picked out a name...hmmm...

·
Registered
911 Posts
you may find ones for a few bucks cheaper not sure...i paid 275 shipped. def worth it, 100%. halos and led's can be seen in daylight and projectors are great, have a perfect cutoff line and, with HID's, are very bright and light up everything.

·
Registered
911 Posts
you would need to buy them separate...about $50 for a pair of bulbs and the required ballasts at ddmtuning.com. i recommend that site and i'm sure other members here will as well. best kit for the lowest cost.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So, does it require HID's or do they just look better? I'm assuming it comes with regular bulbs eh?
No need to actually buy HIDs but they will look better :cool: and they do come with regular halogen low/high bulbs.

·
Pontiac G6 noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha. Yeah, they look pretty sweet, I'm all for getting em, but I'm worried about who's head I'm gonna be turning. I can't afford to have cops all over me anymore. I'm gonna have to do some legal searching just to make sure everything is legal in Texas before I do it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts