Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New G6 owner here. Just purchased a 06 G6 Coupe at the auction last week, she took a nice little hit to the driver side front tire / fender area. I have her all pulled apart and actually I have realized how strong this car is. I have repaired many wrecked cars that have just crumpled, this one on the other hand held up quite well. So after replacing a sway bar link, strut assembly, cv axle shaft and the driver fender she is almost complete.

I am going to repaint the entire car (yes, myself) switch out the headlights for black bezel halo projectors, add a hammerhead spoiler and possibly do an 08' gxp bumper on the front. I am debating racing stripes, my baby sister just did hot pink stripes on her 08' Cobalt TC/SS and they look amazing. I am just the type of person that doesn't want to act like I have something super fast when it is just a stock v6...so I am not sure about the stripes.....

Glad I found the board, its always nice to hear peoples stories and share ideas!

Nicole ~;)

Attachments

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
New G6 owner here. Just purchased a 06 G6 Coupe at the auction last week, she took a nice little hit to the driver side front tire / fender area. I have her all pulled apart and actually I have realized how strong this car is. I have repaired many wrecked cars that have just crumpled, this one on the other hand held up quite well. So after replacing a sway bar link, strut assembly, cv axle shaft and the driver fender she is almost complete.

I am going to repaint the entire car (yes, myself) switch out the headlights for black bezel halo projectors, add a hammerhead spoiler and possibly do an 08' gxp bumper on the front. I am debating racing stripes, my baby sister just did hot pink stripes on her 08' Cobalt TC/SS and they look amazing. I am just the type of person that doesn't want to act like I have something super fast when it is just a stock v6...so I am not sure about the stripes.....

Glad I found the board, its always nice to hear peoples stories and share ideas!

Nicole ~;)
welcome!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome! Nice choice with the coupe ;) When you go to buy projectors make sure to get eagle eyes instead of spyders. If you're unsure what's what just ask :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome! I'm new as well and so far i'm learning a lot. Very interesting.. Still looking to hooook up my car with some sweet eagle eye halos and maybe a power throttle. But kudos to you for painting your car youself :)

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Welcome!

It's cool that you can do your own body work. There aren't very many people that can. It should be a pretty straightforward thing but if you want the results to come out looking good, you do need to have the skills and talent. Kudos!

Don't downplay your car's performance too much. You do have the V6, and the only difference between the performance of that and the GT is the final drive ratio in the transmission. Obviously there is a much bigger difference to the GTP/GXP... You can always do the big three performance mods, Crabs intake, GT-R Exhaust, and WAMS tune to squeeze some more power out of it.

If it makes you happy, do the stripes! You could always change your mind and repaint. Do the calipers to match, that would look sweet.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Welcome, I'm glad you have a 2 door ;] not many of us on here!

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes like a throttle control, its a little device that you can put on eco mode or power mode and you can either go faster or save gas..

·
08 G6 GT
95 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Happy to be here and happy to finally own this car, I have been waiting along time to get one.

I was working on it tonight, just learned I have a cracked motor mount, and I find this after I just put the fans, radiator and condensor back in the car....ugh.

Its hard to find used parts, there is not 1 g6 locally being parted...

·
iz Jared
201 Posts
I have a cousin in Aurora that is really into cars, but he can't help you I'm afraid since all his cars are 3 cyl geo metros that he gets for $250 a pop...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Happy to be here and happy to finally own this car, I have been waiting along time to get one.

I was working on it tonight, just learned I have a cracked motor mount, and I find this after I just put the fans, radiator and condensor back in the car....ugh.

Its hard to find used parts, there is not 1 g6 locally being parted...
Sounds like the perfect time to get some racingline mmi's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I searched all morning for a motor mount, no one had them (autozone, checker, napa) so the dealer seemed to be my only choice at $183 and special order. I tried 1 last junk yard, wow they had an 07 G6, so I sped down, walked into the yard and about crapped, the car was a total burn, but somehow spared the motor mount.....they only charged me $10....AWESOME!

Maybe tonight I will have it done....last night I drank a little much and then took an antifreeze bath, so I gave in early.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So FIREDOWN, where do I pick up the GT-R exhaust and the racingline strut bar ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts