Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - I'm a new member, but I thought I'd start my introduction here since I'll be posting pictures. :)

I'm a big Pontiac fan. For the past six years I've driven a 1994 Firebird.

It was a fantastic car! But it finally came time to buy a new ride. I decided on a 2008 G6 GT Coupe, painted black with black interior.

I had the sunroof and 6-CD changer added. Initially I'd ordered the car in Carbon Metallic, but after I saw the two paintjobs next to each other I switched it to standard gloss black. I also kept the 17" wheels, which my dealer told me were "chrome." Turns out they're "ChromeTech" ... and there's a difference. :mad:

I found some very helpful threads on this forum and made a few adjustments already. First I had the front license plate removed (I can't believe they riveted the thing on!!) and fixed the holes. The auto parts stores in the area didn't have any decent plugs, so I bought a set online and they match perfectly. I also had a set of front & rear molded splash guards put on. Finally I ordered a set of painted lower grilles to replace the flat plastic ones. I love how the results look!

I haven't taken many pictures of it yet, but I like how this one turned out:

After much deliberation, I've ordered the Hammerhead spoiler as well. It should arrive sometime this week and will be installed soon after. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's something to look forward to anyway... I'm not sure what Pontiac will let me get away with and still honor the warranty. I'm replacing the air filter with a drop-in K&N this week; not much but it's a little something anyway. I'd like to start with a full cold air intake, but I'm not sure how GM service would respond to that...

·
CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts
intake would be nice

·
G6 Newbie
5 Posts
What up

A full intake will not void your warranty. My dealership loved mine and would always comment on it.
I probably shouldn't argue with the resident expert with my first post but... I was at a dealership today buying my G6. I asked about intake, exhaust, etc...
Their response was, "anything aftermarket will void your warranty". Which I think is a terrible thing....However I would be more upset if something broke and then they said no way to fixing.

Cheers to my first post!:beer: lol

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Thy are trying to scare you and are full of shiit.
Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Im not saying your a dummie....its just where some quick reference material on it is. :D

To wit:
clicky here

Basically they have to be able to prove that it directly caused the failure of whatever part.

You might want to give your business to another dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.