Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Rick I just bought an 08 G6 with the 3.5 in it car is loaded and I am enjoying car until I had the oil changed in it today and the shop told me that it has an oil leak on upper driver side of motor and they think its the intake leaking is that possible with only 34,636 miles on it?

·
Colon Fire & Rescue
36 Posts
Welcome! We are pratically neighbors! Can't help with your question but there is so much knowledge on here someone should be able to address it!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome!! It could be a valve cover leaking. I wouldn't imagine it would leak after 35K
I would try and find anywhere oil has been and clean the hell out of it. Then check back to see if there is in fact a leak. Or if it was a spill..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know its not the valve covers because they are spotless and I got it back from dealer and they also think its the intake gaskets lower and upper maybe even head gaskets leaking not really liking the problems I have with the car already but it has a good powertrain warranty so all in all I'm ok with it. It looks like someone used gasket maker on the ends instead of a gasket kit like they were suppose to but this dealer said they would make sure it got fixed the right way this time.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
well good thing you got the warranty and your dealer is willing to make it right. Sucks that someone didn't do the job right the first time!

·
Registered
638 Posts
welcome, im from Portage :) i had an 08 GT as well as my GXP until some snowplow in montana decided to total it for me..........

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Wecome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts