Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2006 G6 GTP
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I've read the forums since I bought my 2006 G6 GTP and finally decided to give it a whirl to go ahead and join the G6 cause. After years of fixing this damn car that i LOVE, I figured I would try to help others also with some advice on the problems I have had to face with my car. Any questions (particularly with the 4t65e trans) just ask. I have had this car tore apart from top to bottom. I am constantly trying to improve what GM slack went into this. Anyways, enough rambling...How are u guys????!!!! Whaddup?! LOL. ;)

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome!!!

Awesome!!! Im so glad you decided to join. I am a new member as well. Please tell me there is hope for finding parts for this car. I have had this car for about 4 months and I am frustrated. I love the car but it is very stressful. I am trying to put an exhaust system on other than the GT-R and every place i take it to they look at it and then scratch there head like they have never looked at an exhaust in their entire life. I recently had to replace the back CAT and the car has 90,000 miles on her. Also there is a slight hesitation when i press the gas like the car wants to shift but it hesitates other times it shifts when it shouldnt. I took it to get it looked at and they said there is nothing wrong with it any thoughts?

·
Registered
110 Posts
@BlueGoldAce- same here. Welcome All!

·
2006 G6 GTP
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine used to until I rebuild my trans. Added better clutches and the Transgo shift kit w/ new valve body and a stiffer shifting spacer plate. I have the 4t65e trans, btw.

·
2006 G6 GTP
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the same prob with the exhaust so I built my own. The GT-R exhaust is way to expensive and (in my opinion) a copy of the late 90s style exhaust on the Grand Prix. I don't want an exhaust that doesn't flow well enough. A y pipe style setup with 2 Magnaflow shorties works great for me and guess what? I still have my wallet...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had the same prob with the exhaust so I built my own. The GT-R exhaust is way to expensive and (in my opinion) a copy of the late 90s style exhaust on the Grand Prix. I don't want an exhaust that doesn't flow well enough. A y pipe style setup with 2 Magnaflow shorties works great for me and guess what? I still have my wallet...
any picture or sound clips?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts