Pontiac G6 Forum banner

New guy here from mormonland

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dwhiteg6gt 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

I'm new here...I own an '07 G6 V6, metallic dark gray. I'm in the midst of adding all the stuff GM didn't happen to offer with my car...

- OnStar (believe it or not, I got it working and someone at the call center took the lie that they "must have the VIN wrong on the current registration")
- Added Monsoon (don't much feel like putting in premo audio)
- Looking into the possibility of adding the touchscreen nav from same model year GM (should work...just need to rewire the harness with the newer fitting and on a CAN system, accessory software is not model-specific)
- Leather seats (found the orange/black GXP seats...HELL YEAH!!)
- Halo plugs (if they ever get them in stock)
- K&N intake (already installed)
- Slotted, drilled rotors
- Paint calipers (can't decide what color)
- 18" GXP chrome wheels (my sister is upgrading her wheels and giving me hers)
- Tint (going with 3M pro install)
- Interior detail (most interior detail is going to be chrome dipped)
- 2-way Advanced Remote Start (already installed)

Once I get a little time, I'm going to start stretching leather onto some of the plastic panels (namely the doors), this just requires a lot of patience and a few days without my car (sadly).

I'm hoping that I can get to all this at some point this summer

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The tint is going to be 43 all around...that's the max for the front windows in Utah and I want them to match. Job will be done by these guys: http://www.glamourglaze.com/auto.php I did some research and found out they're amongst the best in the country.

The wheels are going to be the standard 18 chrome delivered with the '08 GXP. My sister has an '08 GXP and she wants to upgrade the wheels so I am inheriting those from her.

One thing I'd love to do is replace the front and rear bumper covers and hood from an '09 GXP. The only mod I believe I'd have to do is get the dual exhaust installed (not required but, it would look stupid without).

Somewhere down the road it would also be nice to have a few more clearcoats added...I love the color of my car but, the lack of additional clearcoats makes it look a little bit dull.

#5 ·
Welcome! I bet your car looks sick when your done with it!

Dillon :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.