Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old man of the SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 2.2L Grand Am with a 5 speed. I got it seven years ago when I was commuting 400 miles a week. I no longer have that commute and I'm looking for something a little more fun.

I've been checking out the 07, 08, 09 G6 convertibles. I don't have a preference on the transmission, I usually get to high gear and cruise along. I am leaning toward the 3.9 engine unless there is a major problem with them. I have settled on the white diamond paint with a taupe interior.

I have read that the vert top makes noise in the cold but I think I can live with that.

Any other negatives that you know of? Thanks!

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
I have an 07 convertible 3.9 with the 4 speed tap shift,I have not had any serious troubles and love the car.It is quiet with the top up just like a coupe,it has minor rattles when going over bumps and rough roads but as Droptop Diamond says"turn up the radio". Still having fun with the car after 4 years i would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a preference on the transmission, I usually get to high gear and cruise along. I am leaning toward the 3.9 engine unless there is a major problem with them. I have settled on the white diamond paint with a taupe interior.Hi! I am just bought a 09 G6 Gt and loving it.Its such a nice car and not having any problem with it.I would suggest you to go for this.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I don't have a preference on the transmission, I usually get to high gear and cruise along. I am leaning toward the 3.9 engine unless there is a major problem with them. I have settled on the white diamond paint with a taupe interior.Hi! I am just bought a 09 G6 Gt and loving it.Its such a nice car and not having any problem with it.I would suggest you to go for this.
I agree about the cruising part.
lehua, If you want to advertse contact the admin. If you do it again you'll get banned.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Ha thanks for the quote Reg! Sorry I missed this the first time around :eek:

The convertible is fine in the wintertime - very quiet and solid. A few rattles with the top down as Reg said, but, well you know ;)

Anyway, I have had a few issues with the top operation in the past couple months that have required 3 trips to the dealer, which does somewhat lessen one's enthusiasm for the car. Still enjoying it though, and FWIW during the summertime I'm putting it up & down at least once and sometimes 2 or 3 times every day, so it's getting a ton of use :bravo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.