Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 G6 here with about 35,000. I have had the car for about 6 months. Not the best car I have ever owned but it is adequate. Question does anyone know what the little compartment is for near the drivers left knee on the lower dash below the steering wheel. My manual does not describe it, nor does the factory repair manual address any repair. Mine is giveing me an annoying rattle and I cannot figure out how to take it out to repair.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome!

....You know. I can't say I've even noticed a compartment down there! I'll look for it next time I'm out and about. It might be a fuse panel. Most newer vehicles have a smaller fuse panel under the dash and then larger fuses and relays are located under the hood. The only problem I had with my G6 was a loose screw in the front right speaker under the dash. Took the dealer 4 days on and off to diagnose and repair the problem. Service was terrible, perhaps we can help you pinpoint the rattle!

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
I keep car wash change in it, along with I clipped the garage door opener to it. What it was designed for I have no clue. You could probably leave it open and sit your cell phone in it too....

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
If you want to take it out. Just pull hard. It's not in there held on by anything but little plastic things. You'll be fine. I pulled mine out and painted it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use mine to hold my change and the tickets for the toll road. Like Mark said, if you just pull it it'll pop out, and you can always just pop it back when you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've noticed it too on my 09 G6. I didn't know what good use it will have but holding some loose change in there is a good idea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts