Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

As the name implies, My name is David and I live in St. Louis Missouri - I recently purchased a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L 4 door (bone stock). I know its not a hot rod, but its a lot better than the van the wife wanted me to get so. . . yeah.
Long story short, I have been looking around for a while to get some projects planned for this summer but it seems that everything that is made for these cars only go up to 2008 - very very little that has been made for the 09 that I can find at least. I am looking at show as well as go, again depending on the $$ factors.
I look forward to researching more and chatting with everyone.

Thanks again,
David

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey i spend so much time researching ideas and only type post like 1/10 times i want to :D But welcome to the forum

you can basically for performance do everything the other years and models have intake, exhaust,tune, but yeah the body i think the headlights taillights and all can change but thats it.:banana:

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
A lot of the earlier model year accessories will fit the 2009. Not everything mind you, but a lot of it. It seems that part of the problem is that a lot of the aftermarket manufacturers never got a round to updating their databases to add the newer models. Now if you had the 2009.5, you would have a much harder time of it. Since you bought the GXP, that will limit you a little for some of the aftermarket appearance stuff.

Welcome to the forums!

~ MattInSoCal

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats on winning the battle (your not a mini van driver!) I reccomend finding some mufflers or a muffler and going to an exhaust shop to have a custom system made (this will be cheaper then ordering one and having it shipped to you: this is what I did, check my pics)and installing an intake (you can make one with parts from Auto Zone or order one, check out my pics I did one myself to save money) this will all help your performance and your mpgs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts