Pontiac G6 Forum banner

New Headlights!

3590 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  daygon
Just installed a set of HID-like lamps in the Blue Demon...

Nokya ArcticWhite H11 (100W 7000K Part # NOK7218)
Nokya ArcticWhite H9 (100W 7000K Part # NOK7225)

They are blue and pretty and work quite well. I was worried about the wattage at first, but they work just fine. Next up is a nice set for the fog lamps too.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
stahlight said:

They are blue and pretty and work quite well. I was worried about the wattage at first, but they work just fine. Next up is a nice set for the fog lamps too.
In about 6 months or less, when your wires are fried or the inside of your headlamps are melted...you sure as hell will have to worry about it then, lol.

Change those bulbs to a normal wattage before you cause yourself more trouble than you have to. Plenty of companies sell 55 or 65 watt bulbs in our sizes.
stahlight said:

100W! Are you out of your mind? The wiring will fry in a few days, not months!

Go to stock wattage, or be ready to pay out the rear for new headlamp wiring.
Well they aren't melted yet, and I am going to get an aftermarket wiring kit. It's pretty hot under the hood (engine and all), so the wiring can take some temperatures. Also 100W is not even double 65W or 55W - thus if Pontiac uses good engineering (which I hope they do!) practice, the wiring shoulkd be rated with a safety factor of 2x or 3x. I will keep y'all posted on what happens.
P.S. I am an electronics engineer, so yes, I *am* out of my mind. Funny you should ask :)
Don't worry, it won't melt anything as long as they are good quality bulbs.
yea, the Nokya bulbs are great. I ran them in my car for about a year before I got my HIDs and not one problem.
Been looking at a lot of sites that sell aftermarket bulbs for my new 2005 G6 GT (bought yesterday) and I want something as close as I can get to HID w/o paying through the nose. So I need to get exactly the 55W to 65W bulbs?

I'm after getting the Hi/Low/Fog bulbs changed out to a nice blue color.
haha ... i had the 100W light bulbs in for about 6 months before i went to HIDs ... never had anything melted ... i wouldn't put 100W bulbs in for fog lights though because it's very little area and the lense is made of plastic so that might totaly get deformed ... or just get HIDs ... they're only 35W

oh and i also installed 65W H9 in for fogs ... a little brighter ... i had to modify the wires a little cuz H11 and H9 have different housings but it's not too bad ... i have a 6000k HID kit and 65W fogs ... love it ... i don't think i could go back to normal bulbs after HIDs
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.