Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 g6 sedan with a monsoon stereo. i decided to ad a set of components to the front doors, hertz audio 6 1/2 door subs and 1 in tweets. they worked fine for 2 days then the door subs just stop working. but the 1in tweets and the rear 6x9 deck speakers still work. i checked to make sure the door woofers did not blo and the work just fine from another audio source. whats my problem here???

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I'm not brave enough to try to mess with the monsoon system alone. Maybe some others here can help but I would take it in to an audio shop.
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess here is my question, since the speakers are not blown but they do not work, is it possible that i just blew the front speaker channels on the amp?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Yes, but don't quote me. I had an audio shop install my amp because the monsoon system is fickle about added components.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you just replaced you front speakers, and not the backs you are probably running into ohm load problems. Amplified systems work really weird and I used to install audio/video/remstartalarms and people would come in all the time and try to put some cheap speakers in replace of monsoon and bose speakers just to say they have aftermarket. You are better off spending the replacement on a bose or monsoon on one if it blows from the dealer b/c you have to replace all and rewire (most of the time) the whole care if the system is amplified and depending on amp location it gets expensive. Jsut a heads up. If you wnat to replace speakers. You should always replace all 4 and stick with the same and compatible brands.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
well i guess here is my question, since the speakers are not blown but they do not work, is it possible that i just blew the front speaker channels on the amp?
The front Sub speaker channel on the amp.. Also agree. Specially if they draw more watts.. Might have over heated that channel.

Just out of the blue, could be a overload protection on the amp.. Try old speakers again, see if they work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts