Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08' V6 3.5L sedan with right at 80K. The A/C indicator switch doesn't work anymore and at the same time, the selector switch stopped working. I haven't checked the temperature blend actuator to see if it's moving throughout its range yet. The blower speed control is working at all four speeds. I checked all fuses by the battery and swapped the A/C clutch relay with a known good one, nothing happened. I jumpered the output from the relay and forced the A/C clutch on, it works and still blows cold air. The air will only come from the defrost and floor so the actuator switch or door isn't operating correctly. Has anyone experienced a selector switch and A/C switch failure at the same time and successfully repaired it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual temp control. I didn't check the fuses I just found out about on the right side of the center console by the front passenger foot well, I'm hoping that's it. If that's the cause, I'm really hoping to find out what caused it to blow in the first place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the lower left cover from the center console and checked all fuses, none were bad so I'm guessing I'll need a new HVAC cluster, prices vary wildly from used to new, any suggestions?

7 Posts
I have a issue with my fan working on every # except for #3 but it's not that big of a deal. It would be more work to fix the issue then that one speed is worth getting fixed. I have heard the relay behind them G6 do go bad more often then not so why not just check that. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've checked all related fuse and relays save for those behind the carpet on the left side of the trunk, nothing isn't working correctly so I'm more inclined to believe it's the control unit itself.

As for only one fan speed working, I've had that happen on multiple vehicles before and it has always been the blower speed resistor. It's usually located in the ductwork (for cooling) downstream and very close to the blower motor, that's where I would start trying to fix your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts