Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm an active member on a few others, so I know how things work. I have a 2006 g6 gtp with the 3.9l in it. Just the other day my wife was leaving a stop sign and the car revved up and would barely go anywhere. Now Drive is just like neutral, doesn't do anything. But when I put it over in manual it will go into gear and will move fine with me barely touching the gas. But whenever you give it a little more throttle, all u hear is grinding and slipping. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what was the problem?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm an active member on a few others, so I know how things work. I have a 2006 g6 gtp with the 3.9l in it. Just the other day my wife was leaving a stop sign and the car revved up and would barely go anywhere. Now Drive is just like neutral, doesn't do anything. But when I put it over in manual it will go into gear and will move fine with me barely touching the gas. But whenever you give it a little more throttle, all u hear is grinding and slipping. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what was the problem?
If you have access to a scan tool that can read GM DTC's that would be a starting point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts