Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just registered on here trying to find answers. ive always used these forums for reference when I have questions on my Ponitac g6 GT 09. Now if someone can help me out I would really appreciate the advice.

ok so, my car has been losing coolant from the reservoir slowly. I have checked for leaks but could not find any. I usually would top off the coolant and it would be ok for the next couple of days but would need to add more after a week or so. also my heater will not blow hot air until I get the car on the freeway at 45mph or higher which is really frustrating. for the past 2 weeks I have noticed when im on the freeway going 60-80 mph my temp rises above what the normal temp should be. it rises a bar from where its suppose to be at, but if I stay at steady speed it usually slowly goes back down. Ive been reading a lot of different things on forums and other sources. some say it could be the water pump going bad, others say I could have air in the cooling system. Also read it could be clogged heater core lines. I changed the thermostat a few months ago so im almost positive it cant be that unless I have a faulty one.

Please any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would start with the low cost option of trying to get any trapped air out of the system. I think I got most of mine out forcibly squeezing the top radiator hose. There is also a video that may help although I did not use this technique myself.

Lets hope that you are slowly displacing the air which may account for the coolant level drop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts