·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im also curious about the stiffness. I've been waiting for you to see this thread and give me some input bc I knew you would. Haha but looks comparable to eibach but with a lot lower price. Can you think of any issues? They have the spring rating or something in the description on that eBay link but I have no idea what it means. Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea I saw they had the spring rate listed, but I can't find what it is for any other set or stock springs so I have nothing to compare it to. The picture looks like a stock photo, they don't look like the springs I got. If those are in fact what you get then they don't look like progressive springs, which can make things bouncy.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My biggest concern was longevity and if it's a progressive spring rate.
Well they stated their is no warranty. I would go with something reputable in my opinion when dealing with aftermarket parts like coil springs. I got my Eibach springs for $224 on autoanything.com with free shipping. They had a promo going 15% off and orders over $100 was free shipping so it saved me about $35 bucks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Tire rack also sells eibachs for $250 and H&R springs for 230
Ya and they have warranties in case you need them replaced for whatever reason and they are guaranteed.

IMO, Jdog, i wouldnt chance it cuz if something isnt right or they fail to meet up with the specs, your out $150 plus you have to buy new springs and a new alignment.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I wasn't planning on getting them. Just thought I'd get opinions on them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah I wasn't planning on getting them. Just thought I'd get opinions on them.

Well thats my opinion...well with anything thats costs a few hundred bucks i go with what i know i can trust. I've always learned the hard way lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have them and I'm going to install them in a few weeks. Really busy with finals around here. The quality seems pretty good. I got them for $99 bidding with free shipping and they seem to have a similar drop other springs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So put the springs in, it is firm and a little bouncy. A little bit honestly I mean you are not jumping everywhere like a guy who blew the shocks. Fitment is good, quality is fine. Ill put photos up below today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes sorry. Had family issues come up. Here you go :).

Sent from my SGH-T769 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
The top 20 or so photos are about the springs which are blue. I used a spring compressor at the chevy dealership my father works at. In addition, while we were there doing the work we noticed that the stabalizer bar linkages where gone also. The ride is a little soft but stiff when the road is smooth. It is a forgiving ride. I used the monroe sensatrac struts and shocks to upgrade the ride. When we did the alignment their is only a slight pull to right which I will get realigned soon. The alignment tech said that it was not to far out of specs when we put it on the rack.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Does seem lower in the front. But wait a few weeks until they really settle. I'm curious about the longevity too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes I also believe it has to do with the the new struts. The monroe sensatrac are shorter then the stock struts by about 1/2 an inch and yes they are the correct OE aftermarket fit strut. As far as longevity I have already put on them about 400 miles with no problems. I will be making a trip soon to Tampa so ill report if anything goes wrong. They seem okay though :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts