Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everybody! Ive got the base of the base model of the g6! Lame I know but im wondering wat I can do performance wise? Not tryin to be a super car or anything lol but I just recently bought beautiful 20in rims and noticed a bit of non peppiness like it use to. I kno because of these tims. Id be much abliged for some help that way I have some understanding of what my car can handle and such!!
Thanks to all who can help.
Tom

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Sup everybody! Ive got the base of the base model of the g6! Lame I know but im wondering wat I can do performance wise? Not tryin to be a super car or anything lol but I just recently bought beautiful 20in rims and noticed a bit of non peppiness like it use to. I kno because of these tims. Id be much abliged for some help that way I have some understanding of what my car can handle and such!!
Thanks to all who can help.
Tom
welcome!
do you have the 2.4 or the 3.5?

you can do an exhaust for more power, and a C.A.I.. can also get a wams tune

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Thanks so much ! Yea I believe itS a 2.4... Any btands or specifics I should look for:)
wams tune is 1 of the vendors on the site, if you go to forums, and look for vendors, it will say wams tunes

exhaust- is all preference, they sell the GT-R exhaust that is specifically built for the g6, but if you youtube g6 exhaust for 2.4L and find a sound you like just ask them what they did... exhaust brand/piping size/ tip size/ ect....

C.A.I- K&N is a big brand, Injen is pretty popular also, you'll have to see which one's make it for your 2.4L most of have a crab intake from crabintakes.com but i dont think they make 1 for the 2.4L, but if you go to the website i just gave you, you can email them your questions

edit: i would recommend not cutting corners and trying to get a cheap intake from ebay, there have been people posting things about engine light coming up because the intake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts