Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've had my G6 for about two months. It's a 2006 GTP Convertible, black with the two-tone interior. The car had 65,565 miles when I purchased it. I'm just the 2nd owner and bought it from the original dealership when it was sold. According to the Carfax report the car has only ever been serviced at this dealership and shows no accidents or major repair work, just routine maintenance normal wear and tear items. It will be my daily driver (26 miles round trip to work) so I'm hoping for at least 4-5 from it.

First impressions are ok so far. The CD player ejects CDs after about 20 seconds and there is no Aux. jack to connect my phone so AM and XM radio will have to do for now.

My only complaint so far is excessive rattling coming from what I assume is the roof assembly in the back of the car in cold temperatures. It was around 10 degrees the first morning I had the car and the noise was so loud I pulled over because I thought some part or parts were falling off into the trunk. Eventually, once the heat in the car kicked in, the noise started to get quieter until it almost stopped. I'm hoping to find an answer for his on the forum before I take the car in for the next service appointment.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome!
I'm just north of Chicago myself.
I don't own a vert so I can't help much with that.
However you can mod the XM portion of your radio to gain an AUX input

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome aboard.
The 'wings' in the trunk can be rattly, but a major rattle source is the pins between the glass panel and roof panel.
I have a few lengthy posts on those, maybe search my post history, rather that write it out again here.
Stereo is a bummer, sounds like the CD mech is not operational. Usually price to repair is a bit prohibitive.
Better choice, find a 2008 radio, thats when AUX started in G6, swap that in. It is is plug and play, except will have to be dealer programmed to VIN to operate.
I am using an aux cable to the radio head and a discrete Kinivo BTC 450 for a Bluetooth receiver into the head.
The convertibles get some grief, and that's to be expected, they have more moving parts. Keep, maintenance up on the top and it should last some time. - again, check my posts.
Keeps us in the loop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts