Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought my G6 GXP last saturday so im a new owner. I love it so far, and I get alot of looks because I've never seen on where I live.

Im looking to do some stuff to it like intake, exhaust, smoked head lights/ tail lights, ext.... But I cant really find any parts for it.... Anyone know of good sites for what I want?

For the exhaust I don't want it to sound like a ricer when I go full throttle, and I kinda of want a deep throaty sound when I start it up. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Nicole

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey Nicole, congrats and welcome to the site!!!

For intake the options are CRABS (best option), K&N Typhoon, Injen, N-Take (from ebay, crappy and not reccomended)

Exhaust: A GT-R (made by classic4performance) is by far the best option. Othwise you are looking at the GM performance parts exhaust (overpriced), a Magnaflow setup (also overpriced), or a custom setup. I say the GT-R is the best option because I have one, and people have previously commented that they have noticed a decrease in power with some custom setups.

For taillights you can DIY it for like $20 with VHT Nightshades and a clearcoat, get FlyEyes, or get a bodyshop to mix black/clear paint (best looking, but expensive)

Have any pictures of your sexy GXP?

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!! thank you for the info.! I do have pictures, Im new to this thing and I did post like 5 pictures but if there not showing up I guess I did it wrong!! lol Ill work on it ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
HI!! Welcome!! VERY nice car btw

·
Registered
638 Posts
welcome from one GXP owner to another :D if you need ideas for ur GXP check out mine lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
^nice to c ur from michigan :) lol

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, the street editons are very unique! Welcome to the site, and for the exhaust I recommend looking into either the GT-R or doing a custom system using magnaflow mufflers. Go to You Tube and check out G6 Exhausts and there will be all sorts of systems to listen to including the GT-R and several custom systems.

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you! Ill do that =) Yeah Im not sure which exhaust Ill get, as I said I know the V6 will never sound like a V8 but I do want something deep and throaty. I don't want it to sound ricerish either. I also cant have it to loud because the cops around here are real dicks when it comes to loud cars, lol Def. dont want my new baby to be a ticket dispenser!! ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
hello Nicole :) very nice car you got there ! WELCOME AMONG THE G6 LOVERS! :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thank you! Ill do that =) Yeah Im not sure which exhaust Ill get, as I said I know the V6 will never sound like a V8 but I do want something deep and throaty. I don't want it to sound ricerish either. I also cant have it to loud because the cops around here are real dicks when it comes to loud cars, lol Def. dont want my new baby to be a ticket dispenser!! ;)
you should def get the GTR............the GMPP exhaust sounds pretty decent but more high pitched than deep.........and last i knew it was over $900 before shipping............ i had the GTR on my GT and LOVED it.........its decently loud but he also sells a resonator to add in if its too loud for youe liking.............. it used to be $599 to G6P forum members but the price of T304 stainless went up so he had to raise it to $679 plus shipping..........its definately one of the lest expensive of the three ( GTR, GMPP, Magnaflow)

if only my insurance would have let me have that off my totalled GT without haveing to replace it..........

for the most part i would recomend against going with a custom setup because a lot of members that went the custom route lost power, and it is most likely not quality stainless and will rust, and is not mandrel bent........

the list for the GTR is here: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19997&p=458996#post458996

and we need 15 ppl before he will make another run.........hopefully it wont take too longs b/c i want a GTR on my GXP now thanks to ins not letting me keep the one i had on my GT lol........ hopefully i will have a GTR by the time the weather is nice enough for me to put my headers on and get my baby tuned lol

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you so much for all your help and info.! Maybe I should get the exhaust first since you have to wait awhile to get it.... I def. dont want to end up missing out on the 15 and then have to start at 1 and wait a longer time! lol

Thank you so much again!! Alot of help =)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts