Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all I'm new to the forum. I've already found it helpful to answer some questions I have had about items to buy for my 2008 Dark Gray Metallic G6 V6 sedan I just bought. Has the sunroof and some of the trim upgrades. Up to just over 32k miles now. So far I'm impressed with the comfort of the vehicle and its handling. I'll take some pictures after I get it washed. It's covered in salt from the roads now.

Only downside I've seen so far is the lack of a compass. Why have a thermometer but no compass? Obviously it isn't essential, but it's nice to have.

I also have a question regarding the GM Certified Used car program. My car was certified used (though I didn't pay for any extra warranty or any official fee for that purpose as far as I know). Does that provide an additional 1 year/12,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty from the date of purchase? I know it still has the original 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty as it was purchased by the prior owner in 2007 and it currently has roughly 32,000 miles.

FYI, if you have any chips in your windshield your insurance company will likely waive your deductible if you have comprehensive coverage and the chips are less than 6 inches. They do this to save money if the cracks spread.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
welcome. Its nice to see another Michigan member. Where about in Michigan?

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
That's cool. I live in Kent county. I have family in Detroit. Come summer time we need to have a meet and greet in Michigan somewhere.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Welcome buddy. I'm in oakland county too. Troy to be exact.

I'm sure you can buy a compass that you can put someplace where it looks stock off of ebay.

Maybe something like THIS

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Us michiganders have lost our faith in the lions... like 3 years ago.

But when you have teams like the Redwings, Pistons, and Tigers, its okay to have one absolute failing team.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
I agree Ensur3, we have other teams that are good so its ok to have the lions too. lol haha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Us michiganders have lost our faith in the lions... like 3 years ago.

But when you have teams like the Redwings, Pistons, and Tigers, its okay to have one absolute failing team.
Three years ago? I haven't been watching them for at least double that. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts