Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My name is Cody and I am from michigan! I am going saturday to look at and hopefully buy a 2005 pontiac g6 4 door. It has 47,000 on it for 8,000 dollars. Is this a good deal if it checks out ok with my mechanic? What are some things I should look out for on these cars? Thanks guys!!!

·
4,061 Posts
I will say that the milage is pretty low, I hit 47,000 today in my '07. I havnt had any problems with my car and really wouldnt trade it for shit...(except a G8)..anyways I looked up the blue book value:

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=2005&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=40&Condition=Excellent&ModelId=247&PriceType=Retail&VehicleId=1460&Mileage=48000&SelectionHistory=1460|32344|89131|0|0|57163|true#survey

I'd ask to see the carfax... this says 10 records found:

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/check_order.cfm?partner=KBK_L&VIN=1G2ZG528154145460

hope this helped.

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they reliable? I am looking for something to go at least 100,000 miles! Just dont want to be paying on something that is sitting in my fornt lawn.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I find that the G6 is a dependable car. Remember if you go tinkering with it you take a chance of messing up something that other wise would have been find for years. Let your mechanic say if its worth the money. All cars have problems sometimes, just look at how everyone worshiped the Camery, now its been recalled for a huge safety issue.

If you buy it, Welcome to the site!:D

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to test drive it test drive it over night tonight and throw it on the hoist tomorrow morning! I am already pre-approved for the loan so if everything checks out alright I am going to get it! Thanks; for the warm welcome!

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am keeping it over night to testdrive it! As of right now I freaking love it!!!!! I am going to take it to my grandpas(mechanic) and put it on the hoist and check everything out before I do but If that and the carfax checks out alright it will be mine! The vin number says it has 10 reports on the carfax could this be warranty work? I hope the steering colum was replaced!

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it for 8000! It is maroon in color! Put it on the hoist and everything looked good! I love it! What kind of remote starter do you guys recommend? Also I do not have the monsoon radio is that a six disc changer? Thanks!

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
Congrats, post a pic as we would like to see it. Now fill out the rest of your profile as we will need to know these things to help you and your car in the future! :beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts