Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a new member here. I'm from The Netherlands and the lucky owner of a 2008 G6 GT.

I'm trying to get the stock radio fixed so it can tune to our dutch frequencies. (with 0.50 increments instead of the US system)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it doesnt. On star is USA only. I have it, but I can't use it.
The dealer said he knew someone with a laptop that can be hooked up to the car to change the frequency settings of the monsoon radio. Otherwise I have to go aftermarket, but I don´t want to loose the DIC and the steering wheel controls for the radio.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Ah that stinks about OnStar - I figured they would have removed the antenna since it didn't work. Hope you can get your radio worked out and keep the steering wheel controls. Actually it's funny a good 75% of the time I just reach over the "old fashioned" way, but they're still good to have.

·
Registered
441 Posts
welcome to the group! Kinda wild seeing that trailer hitch brake light. Great looking vehicle!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha it's not a brake light. It is a rear foglight which is mandatory in The Netherlands. Also the 2 small reflectors on the rear bumper are mandatory. There are no reflectors in the taillights. To be approved on the dutch roads I needed those reflectors and the foglight.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Pull the headlight. Open up the back bulb covers and set it in the sun.
It will dry out.
Then reinstall & hope it doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
292 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts