Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. As you can see by my signature and username I currently own a 2006 Torrid Red Pontiac GTO with a few mods and only 1,546 miles on it. I am making my garage into another room and currently selling my GTO.

Not sure exactly what G6 I am gonna purchase but it will be a sedan with 4doors(have two kids). It will be either grey or white. My so-called brother in law owns a Pontiac Buick Dealership and will probally purchase one new.

I would like to get the bigger V6 engine, maybe sound and sun package, and maybe sport package. It may be the GT or the base G6 with added packages. Undecided if I like the silver painted wheels or the chrome finish. Would love to have leather seats but not sure if they are an option. The only mods planned would be tinted windows and probally lloyd rubber custom floor mats and cargo/trunk mats.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me some pros and cons of the G6 it would be greatly appreciated. I know the power from 400+ HP to 219HP will take some adjusting. Looking for a daily driver that wont make me cringe when I drive it in bad weather and that will fit the two small kids.

Thanks everyone for any imput you can give me!!!:D

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Bummer to toss the GTO. My wife drives, so do I when she lets me, a 2007 G6 GT V6 Sedan. I doubt you'll be to disappointed with a V6 G6. You may want the GXP, (?)
Go drive them, they are fun and pretty quick cars. I will suggest you get the "sport" model, the extra's are worth the money. Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer to toss the GTO. My wife drives, so do I when she lets me, a 2007 G6 GT V6 Sedan. I doubt you'll be to disappointed with a V6 G6. You may want the GXP, (?)
Go drive them, they are fun and pretty quick cars. I will suggest you get the "sport" model, the extra's are worth the money. Good luck.
Mike
Does the GXP come with four doors? I test drove the new 2dr coupe GXP. Nice ride. I have driven a few of the older ones as well. For the money, I may go with the G6 GT with some extra goodies. I looked on PFYC.COM and didnt realize the differnt mods for these things. My wife wont want to hear about this!!!:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a ton of company cash back currently on G6, including GXP. Even more back on GP.

I saw up close a silver G6 GXP with the street package and it totally rocks. On the other hand, for a msrp of just over $30k you are into G8 teritory.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I test drove the new 2dr coupe GXP. Nice ride. I have driven a few of the older ones as well. For the money said:
What's up? have you test driven anything else? A dark grey GXP passed along side of me, while driving the GT, man that thing is nice. Good luck!
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove a gray G6 GXP, my friend who is a salesman for Pontiac is driving one right now. I also drove two G8's as well. Looking for something cheaper priced like the GT. The dealership just got a boat load in the other day and was checking them out last night while I was working. Even the coupes look nice with the sports package and bigger V6. They were listed at like 21 22K. Not bad price. I gotta sell the GTO before I do anything. I am not gonna take a hit on the trade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.