Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a white 2007 GT convertible with almost no miles on it. The first thing I did was remove all the badges from the back end, I like the clean look. I am going on a quick trip but when I get back, I will do a headlight LED mod (like the Audi's have). I just got all the parts to do it today....

·
Registered
35 Posts
convertible is the only way to go my friend my 06 gtp vert is my first pontiac and i'm loving it. i don't know what the differences between the gt and gtp are but i would imagine the gt handles like a dream as well

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
07 G6 Vert

I have always wanted a convertible but the wife refused to let me get a ragtop because they get so bad so quickly. When the oppurtunity came up to snag this G6, I jumped all over it. Both of us love this car and I have been eyballing them since they came out.

So, I found this car on eBay and it turned out it was only 20 minutes away. I went the very next day to look at it and couldnt find a single blemish anywhere. They pulled it into the garage and let me inspect every inch of this car, put the top up and down etc...

It took all of about five minutes for me to decide to buy it. I really want to make my car stand out but in subtle ways instead of going for flash. The debadged look is very hot on the coupe and convertible because you hardly ever see them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
if only they made a GXP vert lol. excuse my silly question but were the verts ever available with the 3.6?

·
Registered
638 Posts
LOL. reason i ask is im lookin at getting a carbon black metalic 09.5 G6 GXP coupe when i get my tax return, but i love the look of the vert esp with the top down lol, but the 3.6 is a must hahaso if there were verts w/ the 3.6 i might consider getting one of them instead lol. and of course keeping the one i got now as well and continuing useing it for work, as i just trunt 76k yesterday and gonna be putting about 2k more before i get home from class this weekend lol. dont wanna just trade it in and put all the miles on the new on ;)lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Is there that big a difference from the 3.5 to the 3.6?

No, I'm not from Hollywood...... it's just a nickname I was given when I skipped work to go there once and the name stuck....

Oh, and more thing. I was just given an 16GB iPhone today, and I am putting in the interface that lets you control it from the stock radio and see the menu / song info on the display. So I am going to figure out a cool way to sink it into the center console. I only wanted it for web browsing via WiFi and the iPod anyways but it will be cool to have a touch screen for music in there.......

I used to build and fabricate custom car audio with motorization, fiberglass, all that good stuff so it should be easy for me to come up with a way to make it look cool. It needs to come out easily as well, so I grinded the little teeth on one of my iPod cables that lock it in place when you plug it in so I can make something that allows it to countersink, then slide down to plug in. I cant wait to get back home from my trip to start doing all the cool upgrades to my new G6, it's killing me.........

·
Registered
638 Posts
Is there that big a difference from the 3.5 to the 3.6?
ya there is quite a difference, i may have the numbers between years mixed up but the 3.5 in the sedan and coupe for 2008 which is what i have (2008 sedan) was either 224 or 219HP stock with a 4 speed transmission, the 3.6L V6 that came in the 07 GTP and 08-09.5 GXPs come with 252HP and a 6spd auto, the difference is amazing. i can only imagin how a 3.6 would run with a CAI, GTR exhaust and ecm/tcm tune to start things off lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, tonight I decided to install the iPod direct adapter for my G6 convertible. I got it at cost which was $109. I bought the aPAC-GM11b/uPAC-GM11b which is just the harness and the module in one box. After taking apart the dash, it was simply plug and play and it worked beautifully. It has a secondary AUX in that uses a pair of RCA's and also has a 1/8" male headphone option. If you prefer to let your iPod run off the battery and use the click wheel or iPhone touch screen to operate it, you can just use the headphone jack.

I opted for complete control from the radio which lets you hide your iPod and it charges when it's plugged in. All you use is the 1-6 buttons and the right knob to control it. Your steering wheel controls will do track up and down as well. It displays the song info and menu level righ on the radio. I would suggest you use 15-20 song playlists because scrolling through 10,000 songs would take hours.

The sound is great and I was really suprised at the features it has. You can fast forward/rewind and switch the display to show the time or song name. Button 1 is like the MENU button on the iPod, button 2 is enter (like center button on the scroll whel), 3 is for exiting the menu, 4 toggles the display between elapsed time and song title, 5 is for rewind, just press it again to stop, and 6 is fast forward.

If your radio doesnt have the AUX input, or even if it does, this is still a better way to go. The cool part is you press BAND until it reads XM but it reads "iPod" on the right, you can twist the right knob to select "Aux 2" to select the headphone input and press 2 to enter your selection. Seek up and down on the radio does the same as the steering wheel controls for track up and down.

Taking apart the dash is a little work but it only took about ten minutes to get the radio out, two minutes to plug in the iPod adaptor and another ten to put it back together. There is a nice hiding spot for the module under the front of the center console and getting the cord to the glovebox is easy. Next I will take a trip to Radio Shack and buy an illuminated female 1/8" mountable jack in case someone wants to plug in a non Apple MP3 player or a portable DVD, etc.....

Next is the LED mods for the headlights..............

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, and dont try using your iPhone with the direct connect adaptor from PAC, it doesnt work unless you simply use the headphone out, which I finally custom mounted beneath the traction control switch on the center console. I'll take a pic tomorrow. It's not the adaptors fault by the way, the iPhone itself locks out disc mode and doesnt allow the connection, same goes for my XBOX360, but the iPhone does work with my Griffin Airdock.....

I also put the LED's on the headlights. My original plan was to custom drill and mount them in a row inside the headlight shell but I found an LED strip that is flexible that mounts on the outside to see how they look. I will post a pic tomorrow and you guys can let me know what you think. Even with the quick way I did them, I have people turning to look at the headlights when I'm stopped at a light. Another guy in a G6 asked me what I did to get that look. I will put up pics and explain tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.