Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have an 06 G6. Key fobs stopped working and when I tried the ignition key, I discovered it didn't work in the ignition, trunk or glove. Anyone else have this problem and/or solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks as though when I turn on vehicle, the security light blinks. I know the key fobs are worn. They've been soldered several times but the locks are questionable . I spoke to a locksmith and he suggested that locks are corroded due to lack of use. no help with WD40

·
Registered
349 Posts
May be daft to point out, but the only time I had all those symptoms together, I found I was trying to open my G6 with my Wife's Buick key set... DOH!
For the Fobs, I ended up buying a replacement set of buttons from eBay. Think it cost less than $10 for two and therefore a lot less than getting new fobs and having them reprogrammed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Boomer, good point about the keys. Oddly enough I did check that as well. Hopefully, I'll solve this problem. I've bought this car brand new and have never had a problem. It's been a great car. Other than the recalls, it's been perfect. Again, thanks for your help .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts